Veg omelette/Besan cheela is a mixed veg omelette, it’s a perfect breakfast option for vegetarians. Are you a vegetarian and surprised how do you prepare omelette without egg?? You do not have to be…here is an omelette that does not have eggs in it. Loaded with lots of veggies, makes it delicious and full of nutrition savoury.
1 cup gram flour/besan
¼ cup semolina
1 tomato, finely chopped
1 capsicum, finely chopped
1 carrot, finely chopped
½ bottle guard (Small), finely chopped
5-6 spinach leaves, finely chopped
1-inch ginger, grated
2 green chilli, finely chopped
few coriander leaves, finely chopped
¼ tsp red chilli powder
¼ tsp black pepper powder
¼ tsp ground spices/garam masala
¼ tsp ajwain/carom seeds
salt to taste
oil as required
1. In a bowl add all finely chopped vegetables, coriander leaves, ginger and chilli.
2. Now add 1 cup of besan and ¼ cup semolina to the same bowl.
3. Add red chilli powder, black pepper powder, ground spices, carom seeds and salt to taste.
4. Cautiously add water bit by bit so that no lumps are formed.
5. Heat a Tawa or non-stick pan. Grease it with few drops of oil or butter.
6. Pour and spread a ladle of batter on tawa to form a round dosa. Spread some oil on top of the dosa.
7. Cover the omelette with a lid and let it cook.
8. Once cooked on one side, flip over and cook on the other side.
Both the side should be cooked and should be crisp. A vegetable omelette is ready. Serve it with green chutney.