Rava Upma recipe with peanuts is a healthy, tasty and colourful dish. It is equally great for both breakfast or snack. It is nutritious, tasty and very easy to make. In this recipe roasted Rava or semolina is cooked with a sauteed mix of vegetables, peanuts, curry leaves and lentils.
Rava Upma is a wholesome dish that can be made quickly. So when you are rushed for time you can make this tasty up and serve it for a weekday breakfast. You can roast Rava and keep it in an airtight container to make Upma dishes more quickly. Roasted Rava stays good outside and does not turn mouldy as well.
1 cup semolina/Rava
1 tsp mustard seeds
2 tbsp ghee
2 tbsp raw peanuts
4-5 cashew nuts
2 tbsp grated coconut
1-inch ginger, finely chopped
2 tsp urad dal (Split)
3 green chillies, chopped
2 sprig Curry leaves
1 carrot, chopped
1 capsicum, chopped
¼ cup french beans, chopped
2 tbsp oil
1tsp coriander leaves, chopped
2 tbsp Lemon juice, (adjust)
Salt, to taste
1 dry red chilli
1¾ cup hot water
1. Dry roast the semolina on medium flame until light golden shade and aromatic. Turn off the heat and keep aside in a bowl to cool.
2. In the same pan add 1 tbsp of ghee, cashew nuts and peanuts, roast on medium heat until they become crunchy and golden brown. Once done turn off the heat and transfer them into a bowl.
3. Heat oil in a non-stick pan, splutter mustard seeds, dry red chilli and urad dal.
4. Now add vegetables, curry leaves, green chilli and ginger. Saute them for 3 minutes or until cooked.
5. Once done, add salt, grated coconut, cashew nuts and peanuts. Saute for a few seconds.
6. Then add hot water and 1 tbsp of ghee and allow to boil well. Check salt and adjust.
7. Then lower the flame and to that add roasted semolina and mix well. Close the pan and cook for 2 minutes in low flame.
8. Remove pan from the stove and keep aside and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes.
9. Then open pan and with a fork puff up the Upma. Upma is ready to serve…you can add lemon juice and sprinkle some sugar if you want.
Garnish with coriander leaves and serve along with coconut chutney and filter coffee.