A simple cheesy snack made from bread slices, potato and cheddar or mozzarella cheese stuffing. It can be ideal evening snacks or perhaps a starter for your next potluck party. The combination of potato, bread slice, cheddar cheese and deep frying/air fried is simply amazing.
· 3 tsp oil
· 10 cubes cheese, cheddar/mozzarella
· 1 tsp ginger paste
· 1 tsp chilli, finely chopped
· 3 tbsp peas/matar
· 3 tbsp sweet corn
· 3 potato, boiled & mashed
· ¼ tsp turmeric
· ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
· ½ tsp garam masala/ground spices
· ½ tsp aamchur/dry mango powder
· ½ tsp salt
· 1 capsicum, finely chopped
· 2 tbsp coriander, finely chopped
· 6 slice bread, white or brown
· oil for deep frying
1. Firstly, in a large kadai heat 3 tsp oil and saute 1 tsp ginger garlic paste and 1 tsp chilli.
2. Now add capsicum, peas and sweet corn. Saute and cook until they are almost cooked yet hold their shape.
3. Further, add 3 boiled and mashed potato. Also add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ½ tsp aamchur and ½ tsp salt. Mix well until the spices are well combined.
4. Additionally, add 2 tbsp coriander and mix well. Allow to cool the stuffing completely.
5. Furthermore, take bread slices and cut the sides. Dip the bread slice into the water just for a second and squeeze off the excess water.
6. Make sure to squeeze the bread slice completely else it will absorb oil while deep frying.
7. Now pinch a ball sized aloo mixture and flatten slightly. Place a cubed sized cheese in the centre. Get the edges together and stuff the cheese well.
8. Place the cylindrical shaped prepared stuffing and wrap the bread making sure to pinch the edges and secure tight. if unable to hold the shape dip your finger in water and make bread flexible to hold and roll.
9. Further, with the help of both hands roll and make a cylindrical shape. Deep fry the prepared bread roll into the hot oil. Make sure to fry in hot oil, else bread will absorb oil and turn soggy.
Stir and fry occasionally on medium flame till it turns golden brown. Alternatively, bake the bread to golden brown if you are diet conscious. Finally, serve stuffed bread roll hot along with ketchup.