Papad is a famous accompaniment to a meal in India. It is sometimes topped with chopped veggies and spiced up. It is known as Masala Papad. Masala papad is the most frequently ordered dish for an appetizer in any Indian restaurant. However here I am presenting to a different version of Masala Papad in a cone shape. It's a great dish to impress your guests with this crispy and lightly spiced starter.
Masala papad cones are very easy to make. The stuffing is simple yet delicious, papad is ready-made. So this recipe doesn't require many techniques. The only tricky part in this recipe is to shape roasted papad into a cone.
· 3 urad dal papad
· 1 cucumber, chopped
· 1 tomato, chopped
· 2 green chillies
· 1 cob corn
· 1 capsicum, chopped
· 2 tbsp coriander leaves
· ¼ tbsp red chilli powder
· 1 lemon juice
· Few mint leaves for garnishing
· Namkeen sev for garnishing
· ¼ tbsp chaat masala
· Salt to taste
Instructions:- 1. For making masala papad cone, we will first make the spicy filling. Add all chopped veggies. Boil and grate some corn.
2. Now add finely chopped green chillies and coriander leaves.
3. Also add red chilli powder, salt, lemon juice and chat masala.
4. Mix all the ingredients well and make a spicy filling. Keep the filling aside.
5. Take a papad and cut it into half.
6. Now roast the papad from both sides on a skillet/Tawa. I have used a kitchen cloth to roast papads however you can use a wooden spoon also.
7. As soon as the papad is roasted quickly shape it into a cone. If the roasted papad cools down it will become crispy and won't be able to make any shape.
8. Continue the above steps and roast the papad to make as many cones you require.
Now fill the papad cones with spicy stuffing we prepared. Masala papad cones are ready. Garnish with some mint leaves, namkeen sev and serve immediately.