Eggless Oats-Chocolate Chip Cookies
These are very simple oatmeal cookies and are really the best chewy oatmeal cookies out there! The part that makes your oat cookies chewy is the brown sugar. Plus, the brown sugar really elevates the taste and texture! These oat cookies are delicious. Not only are they heavenly taste-wise, they are also a quick fix for all your dessert cravings! You can bake a batch of these oat cookies, store them in airtight containers and have them with your morning caffeine cup. Or, you can simply binge on some oat cookies deliciousness- like I do!
Wait, though. They are singing a love song to you: BAKE ME.
BAKE ME IN YOUR OVEN RIGHT NOW.
· ½ cup softened butter
· ½ cup light brown sugar
· ½ cup caster sugar
· 1 flax egg
· 1 tsp vanilla
· 1+1/4 cup rolled oats
· ½ cup whole wheat flour
· ½ tsp baking soda
· ½ cup chocolate chips
1. Mix your wheat flour, oats, and baking soda in a glass bowl with a whisk.
2. Take one tablespoon of ground flax seeds and three tablespoons water. Add the water into the flax seeds and mix well. Allow it to rest for 2-3 minutes. Eventually, you will notice that the mixture has turned into an egg-like consistency. Your flax egg is ready!
3. In another bowl, take the softened butter and add brown sugar followed by white sugar. Mix it well until it comes together as a uniform mixture.
4. Add one flax egg to the butter mixture and incorporate well.
5. Add the vanilla and just mix until incorporated.
6. Mix the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until thoroughly incorporated.
7. Allow the cookie dough to rest in the oven for 30 minutes.
8. After resting, pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
9. On a tray lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper, scoop out the cookie dough into small balls.
10. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges turn golden-brown.
Take the cookies out of the oven and allow them to cool for 3-4 minutes before serving.