There are several variations and varieties to this hugely popular pancakes recipe. Each country across the globe has its own variations and style which varies with its thickness, way of preparing and of course with its servings. This recipe is a simple pancake recipe without egg and topped with thick honey.
I don’t mind having pancakes as an ideal alternative for day to day breakfast recipe especially filled with fruits, cream and chocolate sauce toppings.
· 2 cup wheat flour
· 2 tbsp sugar
· 1 tbsp baking powder
· ½ tsp baking soda
· Pinch of salt
· 1 tbsp cinnamon powder
· 2 tbsp butter, melted
· 1 ½ cup milk
· Butter for serving
· Honey for serving
1. Firstly, in a large mixing bowl take 2 cups wheat flour. I have used wheat flour / atta as a healthy option.
2. Add 2 tbsp sugar, 1 tbsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, 1 tbsp cinnamon powder and a pinch of salt.
3. Mix well combining all the dry ingredients well.
4. Further add 2 tbsp melted butter, 1 cup milk and combine well with the whisk.
5. Additionally, add ½ cup more milk and make smooth flowing consistency batter.
6. Heat a non-stick pan and grease with butter. Pour a ladleful of prepared pancake batter. Do not spread.
7. Simmer and cook for 2 minutes or until bubbles appear on the surface.
8. Flip over the pancakes and simmer for 1-2 minutes or until cooked through.
Finally, serve eggless pancake with some butter and honey or maple syrup on top.